Or, more specifically, I’d like to thank rimonim for so kindly nominating me for the Liebster Award! I’m incredibly honored, mostly because I never know for sure if people ever read — let alone get anything out of — my writing.
But enough bashful stammerings. By virtue of the rules following this award, I have some matters to attend to.
- Why do you blog?
I started blogging in the hopes that someone somewhere might get something positive out of what I write. I continued because I received positive feedback. Additionally, if I didn’t write I’d probably go crazy.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Why?
I’d go to the UK, specifically either England or Ireland. I’ve always been fascinated by that area of the world, and in particular with my English heritage. I’ve been to both countries at least once, and I can definitively say they’re my favorite places to be.
- What work (book, film, music) has most influenced your worldview? Pick a few if you can’t narrow it to one.
Harry Potter (yes, I am one of those.)
Numerous other works, particularly books, poems, short stories, etc.
- What is your favorite food?
Orange juice. I hate food.
- What was your first job?
- What was the first concert you attended (of your own volition)?
Evanescence in Toronto, Canada. It was marvelous.
- Besides blogging, how do you spend your free time?
Reading, writing, playing guitar, and (more recently) PC gaming.
- What chore or errand do you dislike the most?
Going to the grocery store.
- Where are you while writing this post?
- Describe one of the strangest experiences you’ve ever had.
I was walking by my high school English classroom and saw my twin sister through the window. I went closer to see what she was up to…only to realize I was looking at my reflection.
- What is the secret of life? According to you, of course.
42. Or else love. Take your pick.
11 Random Facts:
- I’m an identical twin. (As if you didn’t know already.)
- Ever since the second grade, I’ve wanted to be a traditionally published author.
- I have a borderline unhealthy obsession with cats, Harry Potter, books, and weather. Quite possibly in that order.
- I chose my name because it means “little raven,” and I picked that meaning to honor my father.
- I picked my middle name because it’s just pretty.
- I have one tattoo and am getting my second one today! (Pictures eventually to follow.)
- Growing up, I had more pets than people in my house. Greatest count: 5 dogs, 4 cats, some rodent-like creature, and either a lizard or a hedgehog.
- I’m convinced that I should have been born a British librarian, clad in tweed and drinking tea with scones. Until I can master my missing accent, my life is incomplete.
- Additionally, I’ve always wanted to be a ginger. I just found a ginger hair in my pathetic beard. It made my entire life.
- The instruments I can play proficiently are the cello, guitar, piano, and handbells.
- I can speak English and German proficiently, and have a beginner’s knowledge of French, Chinese (Mandarin), Swedish, and Klingon. That last one was entirely not my fault.
My nominees (in no particular order):
Rules and other regulations:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog, by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, which have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
- Copy & paste these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award.
- Provide a link to this post so that they can learn about it.
11 Questions for You:
- What’s the inspiration behind your blog’s name?
- What’s your ideal family? Pets count too!
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- Favorite book, and why? (Can substitute with movie/music group/etc. if necessary.)
- What was/is your favorite school subject?
- What do you most fear?
- What do you consider to be your best trait?
- What are three positive things about you?
- If you could meet anyone, dead, living, or fictional, who would it be?
- Describe your ideal vacation. Please? (There, now it’s a question!)
- How do you find your inner Zen?